Saturday, April 28, 2007

Adventure into Real China

Hey everyone...

I am preparing for a week long trip to the province of Guizhou which is directly south of Sichaun province and Chongqing. Bruce and I will take a 10 hour train ride and then another bus ride to experience the poorest province of China or one of the only places in China that has been unspoiled by skyscrapers and tourism. We don't have definite plans but we will visit some minority villages and nature preserves. I hope to have some amazing videos and pictures to share. For now, I wanted to post a video that I took last night. I teach a class at a Chongqing engineering company and my students were nice enough to invite me to play tennis at a beautiful facility overlooking the new Olympic Stadium. After they took me out for Hot Pot, which is a famous Chongqing delicacy...I took some footage...hope you enjoy it!

See you in about a week.


3 comments:

jon said...

man that hotpot looked delicious. I'll tell you one thing, I bet cece's got a couple hotpots you could throw you beef oil into. Was that over the top? If so I apologize. Was it me or did Larry, Larry's wife and that other dude seem mad uncomfortable? Maybe it's because you videotaped their meal. It was good shit tho keep it up. These posts are getting me through these last few weeks. Any word from Cherry? How come cherry wasn't at dinner? Seriously Pap maybe get a little flirty with Cherry worse case scenario you got cece to fall back on.

jon said...

sorry just had to quote Larry (holding up a peace sign) "excellent...have a nice day." If we could only all have Larry's optimism. Quick question, how did that dude get the name Larry?

Dan Melinger said...

mmmmmm.... that looked delicious. except for the pig kidney...what'd it taste like?

looking forward to some Guizhou vids!